bugün

kurt vonnegut

edebiyata bakışımı değiştirmiş, kimileri için satirik, kimileri için siyasi, bilimkurgu veya ütupya yazarı, hicvin ustası. şimdiye kadar on ikiden fazla romanı ve bir de hikaye kitabı yayınlanmış kurt vonnegut jr, kendisini ilgi ile takip edenleri hayal kırıklığına uğratmayan, dolu dolu bir yazı hayatına sahip şüphesiz. player piano kurgusal açıdan ve senaryosu yönüyle, cat s cradle üslubu ve karakterleri sebebiyle birer başyapıttır.

True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. *

hello, babies. welcome to earth. it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. it's round and wet and crowded. at the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. there's only one rule that i know of, babies -'god damn it, you've got to be kind. *

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

here is a lesson in creative writing. first rule: do not use semicolons. they are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. all they do is show you've been to college.

People don't come to church for preachments, of course, but to daydream about God.*

The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.

One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.

During my three years in Vietnam, I certainly heard plenty of last words by dying American footsoldiers. Not one of them, however, had illusions that he had somehow accomplished something worthwhile in the process of making the Supreme Sacrifice. *